Thursday, November 19, 2020

Why keep an eportfolio?

 Since I started this program a little out of order (EDLD 5389 and THEN 5302), I was a little confused and intimidted about the idea of creating an eportfolio for all the world to see. I then realized that this was exactly what I was asking my students to do. This brought me to the thought, "If I expect my students to maintain an e-portfolio, why not me as well?" This thought has really opened my mind to not only keeping my portfolio updated, but also sharing it with my students so they can see that I am sharing this journey with them.  As I read through the material for this week's discussion post, this quote  really jumped out at me: "A purposefully designed learning portfolio, ideally in the form of an electronic portfolio or eportfolio, would give students a platform that they could show future employers what they have done, what they are capable of doing and perhaps most importantly how they learned how to learn" (Harapnuik, 2015).  Because one of my main passions is figuring out ways to connect my virtual learners with my face-to-face learners, I designed my eportfolio to be a working portfolio that teachers can use to revisit learning modules that have been presented in PLCs. My hope is that my portfolio will become a place where teachers can come to glean ideas and plans, as well as share their own thoughts and ideas. I even have a page that is labeled Share Central for just that purpose. I wonder, however, if I am on the right track, or if I need to take my portfolio in a different direction. I guess that is the beauty of this course... we get to experiment with it and get some great feedback! 







Harapnuik, D. (2015, May 26). Making meaningful connections in an ePortfolio. It's About Learning. Retrieved November 19, 2020 from http://www.harapnuik.org/?p=5790

No comments:

Post a Comment

One down, Nineteen to go! Thoughts on Academic Writing

     I have now finished my first course in my doctoral program and I am feeling a bit better about continuing down the path. My cohort has ...