Sunday, December 13, 2020

Portfolio Show and Tell

       One thing I love about looking at other  portfolios, is that I get to see all the cool and creative ideas that my colleagues have come up with. The best portfolios I have seen are the ones that make me feel like

I have gotten to know their authors a bit better. When I feel a connection to the author, I tend to want to read more or dig deeper into their content. Furthermore, it gives me confidence to know that I am on the right track with my own portfolio. Another thing I have enjoyed about looking other portfolios from the DLL program, is that I get a sneak peek at what is expected from the remaining courses that I will take. 

     Being part of a program that fosters a highly collaborative environment is great because, isn't collaboration what we want to teach our students? I believe that more we learn to collaborate with each other, the more effectively we are able to teach our students to do the same. As a future administrator, I will be able to move my campus forward by facilitating the implementation of e-portfolios, as well as speak to the different ways they can be used as faculty not only build their own portfolios, but also teach their students how to begin building theirs. 

    As I have progressed through this semester, I have also gained a totally different perspective on what an e-portfolio should look like, as well as how I should approach it when teaching my students how to build one of their own. Furthermore, looking at various portfolios has helped me gain a better understanding of COVA and the freedom that comes with embracing its concepts. As I continue to organize and finesse my portfolio, I am confident that it will grow into something I will be proud to share with friends, colleagues, and prospective employers. With that being said, I welcome any and all feedback on my portfolio. I have included the link below. 


https://sites.google.com/view/digital-learning-and-sel/home

No comments:

Post a Comment

One down, Nineteen to go! Thoughts on Academic Writing

     I have now finished my first course in my doctoral program and I am feeling a bit better about continuing down the path. My cohort has ...