Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Grace and Patience!

 As I think about the start of this year, I think about what a crazy time we are living in!  If we are not comfortable being uncomfortable, then wHe might as well just quit our jobs right now and go work at Walmart, HEB, or McDonalds! We are all navigating through uncharted waters with virtual, face-to-face, and blended learning, all while wearing a smile under our facemasks.  We have been in school for three weeks now, and the rules have changed no less than seven times.  I KNOW I have made many mistakes already, but the key for me is to own those mistakes and ask my students for forgiveness, grace, and patience.  I want them to know that I am ok with them making mistakes, just as my principal is ok with me making mistakes. I want them to take risks with their learning and let me know what they want to learn about. I think is incredibly important for our students to know that we are learning right beside them, as we all navigate this school year, and we are ALL going to get through it together.  Whether they realize it or not, I am helping them develop a growth mindset, which will help them for the rest of their lives. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

One down, Nineteen to go! Thoughts on Academic Writing

     I have now finished my first course in my doctoral program and I am feeling a bit better about continuing down the path. My cohort has ...